Smoothy Sensation

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

 
Love smoothies? I do. However, I don't love the $5 price tag for a store bought one. I have found a way to get my smoothie fix without the high price. Even better, I control how much sugar, fat, etc. goes into them. Here is my secret: freeze fresh fruit when it goes on sale. I recently bought 5 pineapples for $1 each. I cut them into chunks and stuck them in a freezer bag. I unpeel overripe bananas and freeze them as well. When you are in the mood for a smoothie, toss whatever combination of fruit you want in the blender. Add a little milk (I use skim) and voila-healthy and yummy smoothies ready in a few minutes. My favorite smoothies have pineapple and bananas in them. If you want an added kick, spoon a couple of teaspoons of frozen orange juice concentrate or a carton of non-fat yogurt.

Have a favorite smoothie recipe-I would love to hear about it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Theme by New wp themes | Bloggerized by Dhampire