Restaurants.com

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Even on a budget, I believe you should treat yourself to a meal out once in a while. Restaurants.com is the perfect way to eat out and save money. Here is how it works, Restaurants.com offers discounted gift certificates. For example, in my area, I can get a $25 gift certificate to Fusion World Cuisine, a restaurant that features Asian dishes for only $10. However, I always wait for a sale on these gift certificates because often, you can find a code that will take off 50-80% of the purchase price.

If you are dying to go out to dinner, there is a code for 80% off right now! Just enter INDULGE at checkout and hit "Apply." If I purchased the $25 gift card that I mentioned above with this promotion, I would pay $2 (80% of $10) and get a $25 gift certificate! What is the catch? Each gift certificate comes with certain restrictions, which usually include a minimum purchase. This particular gift certificate's restrictions are "Minimum purchase of $35. 18% Gratuity added prior to discount. Valid for Dinner, Dine In ONLY. Excludes: Alcohol, Holidays/Special Events, Other Offers/Promotions. Present prior to ordering."

Here is an example of how I would use the promotion.


Order 2 entrees:
Fusion Seafood and Vegetable Medley $18
Beef and Mushroom Stir-Fry $15
Order a softdrink, and you have hit $35.


Tips should be calculated before the gift certificate. If I spend exactly $35, give a 20% tip ($7.50), your bill, not including tax would be $42.50-$25 gift certificate-you pay only $17.50 (plus tax and the $2 for the gift certificate). This is about the cost of only one entree!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Theme by New wp themes | Bloggerized by Dhampire