Update on Freezing Eggs

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back around Easter, I bought 7 cartons of eggs because they were marked down 50%. I knew that I couldn't use all of the eggs right away, so I cracked them into an ice cube tray and froze them. How did it work? Well, next time I will poke the yolk of the egg before freezing. If you don't, I have found that the yolk stays frozen long after the egg white thaws. Also, the egg tastes the same once you scramble it, but the egg doesn't stay together as well. There are lots of little scrambled egg bits instead of the pretty mound of scrambled eggs when you use the fresh ones. Overall, I would try freezing the eggs again. I have not tried baking with them yet, but when I try it, I will let you know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Theme by New wp themes | Bloggerized by Dhampire