More Things You Can Freeze

Wednesday, February 24, 2010


By now you know that you can use your freezer to store produce, bread, and some dairy items, but did you know that you can preserve the freshness of much more? Check this list out!

Brown and powdered sugar-Prevents lumps
Coffee-Maintains freshness
Nuts-Prevents them from turning rancid longer than if you keep them in your pantry
Popcorn kernels-Freezing keeps kernels fresh and encourages every kernel to pop
Marshmallows, potato chips, pretzels, and crackers-Store in original, unopened containers

You may be thinking, "I don't have that much freezer space to begin with-how am I supposed to fit my brown sugar in there too?" If you do not have enough room in your freezer and you have enough room in your budget, you might want to consider purchasing an extra freezer. My parents bought a small one for me when I was in college. It wasn't too expensive, and it has more than doubled my freezer space. You really do save money when you can stock up on sale items, but only if you can keep those items without spoiling.

From The Complete Cheapskate by Mary Hunt, pgs. 116-17

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Theme by New wp themes | Bloggerized by Dhampire